Our vision is for all families and individuals affected by CGD to live life to the full
Our mission is to be the leading source of information and support for individuals and families affected by CGD in the UK
Our Mission Strategy
To be the leading source of information and support for individuals and families affected by Chronic Granulomatous Disorder (CGD) in the UK and around the world. By sharing the learning and expertise from these patients and the medical professionals who treat them, the CGD Society has become the leading global authority on CGD and an organisation that is respected by affected families and medical professionals on an international scale.
We will achieve this by:
- offering direct support to individuals and families affected by CGD through the provision of nursing services, an email and telephone helpline, patient events and financial assistance.
- providing comprehensive and clearly written information on CGD, associated issues and research, that is easily accessible through a variety of media.
- funding pioneering research that will lead to an improved understanding of disease mechanisms in CGD and that may result in the translation of laboratory-based research into clinical benefit and improved quality of life for patients.
- evolving the charity’s relevance to members and the wider CGD community based on ongoing review of the community’s needs
The distinct patient groups within the CGD community are identified as:
- The parents of children newly diagnosed with CGD who are located in countries where BMT is safe and available. In most cases, these children will be referred for BMT as soon as a donor is found.
- Young adults with CGD for whom BMT is a possibility.
- The parents of children newly diagnosed with CGD for whom BMT is not an option.
- Adults with CGD for whom BMT is not currently an option.
- X-linked CGD female carriers.
Read more about the different types of CGD.
Our website contains a wealth of information to help and support you. If you are not able to find the answer to a specific question, feel free to contact us using the form at the bottom of the page or by emailing or calling us. We are here to help.