Our Support Services
As a charity, we benefit from the expertise, enthusiasm and goodwill of many people - CGD families, doctors, nurses, researchers, volunteers, patrons, trustees and fundraising supporters.
With help from these diverse sectors, we are able to give on-the-ground support to CGD-affected people in a multitude of ways, including medical advice, emotional support and raising awareness of the condition.
We are sensitive to the fact that every case of CGD is a person and that no two people with CGD have exactly the same needs, and at different times the same person needs different services. This is why the services we offer are broad-ranging.
Our care services for members include
- Medical advice and care from our CGD Society clinical nurse specialist in the UK
- Information, via telephone and website, including latest research findings
- A regular newsletter to keep people in touch and informed of new research and treatment developments
- An expansive range of guides and factsheets
- Social and educational events, including the 'Get Together', allowing CGD families to talk to professionals and to meet each others
- Raising awareness of CGD through media and other channels
Read more in the dedicated section about our services
Our website contains a wealth of information to help and support you. If you are not able to find the answer to a specific question, feel free to contact us using the form at the bottom of the page or by emailing or calling us. We are here to help.