Virtual London Marathon
Calling all runners, walkers or joggers!
We are looking for people to take part in this years Virtual London Marathon 2021 as part of our 30th year celebrations - could it be you?
The Virgin Money London Marathon is the largest annual one-day fundraising event on the planet – participants have raised more than £1 billion for good causes since the first race in 1981 – and today charities need the funds it generates more than ever.
THE VIRGIN MONEY LONDON MARATHON – YOUR RUN, YOUR WAY!
Following on from last years success, we’re again inviting participants to run the 26.2 miles their way, joining up to 50,000 runners up and down the UK – and across the world. The virtual 2021 Virgin Money London Marathon will take place on Sunday 3 October and participants will have 23 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds (from 00:00:00 to 23:59:59 BST) to complete the distance, which they can choose to run, walk or jog – participants of all abilities are welcome. Find out more: https://www.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com/
Event date: Sunday 3 October 2021
Entries close: 19 August 16:00
Minimum fundraising target: £150
Number of places available: 5
Set up your fundraising page: Virgin Money Giving - https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/giving/ and search for CGD Society
- You will have 23 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds (from 00:00:00 to 23:59:59 BST) to complete the distance of 26.2 miles.
- You can run, walk or jog this distance, all abilities are welcome.
- You will receive the CGD Society fundraising pack which includes our CGD Society t-shirts or running vest.
- We will provide you with full support and will share your Virgin Money Money Giving fundraising page on our social media platforms and monthly e-newsletters.
Fun ideas for the event:
- Being dropped 26.2 miles from home and running, jogging or walking back to a hero’s welcome.
- Completing each mile with a different running buddy, sharing the fun with friends and family.
- Create a unique course so friends and family can set up outdoor drink stations for you to stop at for refreshments and encouragement.
So to help make our birthday wish come true, please download the form to take part in this years London Marathon here : CGDS VLM Application Form 2021
Please fill in return this form to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively to PO Box 454, Dartford, DA1 9PE as soon as possible.
Thank you so much and we look forward to hearing from you soon!