Become a member


Counselling and Psychological Support

Sometimes living with the worry and stress of CGD can take its toll and self-help is just not enough. Don’t struggle on. This is when you need the help of a counsellor or a psychologist. Many parents and families affected by CGD have benefited from their help and it has made a real difference to how they cope, their relationships and their daily life. Here we give some ways to access support if you need it.

Your first port of call if you are finding things difficult is talking to your GP. They are there to listen to your emotional problems as well as your physical ones. Ask them to put you in touch with someone who can help you. Most psychologists require a referral from a GP.

You may be able to refer yourself to psychological services through a service called Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) service. Visit the IAPT website for a list of services in your region.

Mental health charity Mind may also be able to give support and advice. They are specialists in mental and emotional help and a crucial support to those in need.


What next?

We offer support to CGD-affected people and their families, information about the condition and research into CGD in the UK and around the world.  These things affect the lives of people with CGD which is why we are glad you've taken this first step to visit this site.

We hope you will visit regularly as a way of finding out information about the condition.  Please do use the site to connect with experts who can help you and others living with CGD.